Meringues. Make your own meringues and use them in our showstopping desserts, from pretty pavlova to classic Eton mess and lemon meringue pie. Meringues are a traditional French dessert made with whipped egg whites and just a few additional ingredients. The airy texture of meringues pairs well with a richer filling.
Meringue definition: Meringue is a mixture of beaten egg whites and sugar which is baked in the oven. A mixture of egg whites and sugar beaten until stiff and baked. This meringue recipe has become one of my most favourite and most followed recipes ever. You can have Meringues using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meringues
- You need 1 of blanc d'oeuf.
- Prepare 62 g of sucre.
- Prepare 1 of pointe à couteau de colorant.
- It’s 1 of pincée de sel.
I am very particular I came to Meringues semi late in life. Hard meringues are a delicious airy dessert, with many variations. It's quick to make and only requires a few ingredients. Remember, egg whites beat best if at room temperature.
Meringues step by step
- Monter le blanc avec une pincée de sel. Une fois bien monté ajouter le sucre en pluie..
- Continuer de battre et ajouter le colorant. Continuer de battre jusqu'à ce que le sucre est fondu..
- Mettre dans une ou plusieurs poche à douille, pocher selon vos envies et enfourner 30min à 1h selon la taille. Je met mon four (à gaz) au minimum et le plateau le plus haut..
Examples of using Meringues in a sentence and their translations. Authentic French Meringues from a patisserie in France. Meringue definition, a delicate, frothy mixture made with beaten egg whites and sugar or hot syrup, and browned, used as a topping for pies, pastry, etc. The Meringues (sometimes incorrectly called "The Merangues" and other disgraceful spelling errors) was a five-piece band from Portsmouth, England. See more ideas about meringue cookies, meringue, meringue desserts. meringue meaning, definition, what is meringue: a light sweet food made by mixing sugar.: Learn more.